We are all going through unchartered waters right now and we want you to know that your COHR Family is here if you need us. Now more than ever it is important that the HR community is staying connected. We encourage you to reach out to any of your Board Members or to communicate through our Member Forum on www.cohr.org.
Once you log-in to your member account the Member Forum is listed on the left side of the screen. This is a place where you can ask questions of your fellow HR Community and get answers from those that are dealing with the same concerns that you are.
There are numerous webinars on the Families First and CARES legislation. We have a few links for you below to webinars that you may be beneficial for you. Also, the Board is working on setting up a couple of webinars for our membership over the next couple of months, more information will follow. We will be updating our COHR Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/coastalorgHR/ with additional webinars and other information that may be pertinent to your business. Please check back regularly.
I hope you are all staying safe and healthy! Please do not hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions [email protected].
COHR 2020 President
Stay up to date with all Human Resources related news and information including the latest from SHRM, the WHO, CDC, SC DHEC and other national and local resources by following our Facebook and LinkedIn pages.
Don't forget to "Like" us!
While Self-Quarantining, take advantage of free SHRM Recertification Credits by enrolling in free Webinars from the following resources:
Tidelands Health Occupational Health Program - Tidelands Works is still working 24/7 offering help to our local employers with their Workers Comp injuries or even navigating our organization during Covid - 19 . Call our inside team at 888-977-3319 to assist you with all of those needs or you are welcome to call Tidelands Health Corporate Health Consultant Shannon King for more information or with questions at 843-997-5961. We are here to help you through the good times and the bad.
Accurate and Valuable Resources
- World Health Organization
- Tidelands Health: https://www.tidelandshealth.org/
- SC Department of Environmental Control: https://scdhec.gov/health/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- SCDHEC Care Line at 1-855-472-3432.
- Online COVID-19 Screenings: MUSC https://campaigns.muschealth.org/virtual-care/index.html
- COVID-19 Resources specific to senior citizens: https://aging.sc.gov/
- Centers for Disease Control: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/
- SC Department of Employment and Workforce: https://dew.sc.gov/individuals/apply-for-benefits
- US Department of Labor: https://www.dol.gov/
RESOURCES for Managing Anxiety Related to COVID-19
- MUSC: https://web.musc.edu/about/news-center/2020/03/18/managing-anxiety-related-to-covid-19
- Visit scdmh.net for stress, anxiety and mental health resources from the S.C. Department of Mental Health.
- Waccamaw Center for Mental Health: 843.347.5060.
Resources for Families from the American Psychiatric Association
- Working Remotely During COVID-19: Your Mental Health and Well-being (APA Foundation's Center for Workplace Mental Health, CWMH)
- Taking Care of Family Well-Being (National Child Traumatic Stress Network, NCTSN)
- Supporting Homebound Children During COVID-19 (CSTS)
- Supporting Your Family During Quarantine or Isolation: Tips for Social Distancing, Quarantine, and Isolation during an Infectious Disease Outbreak (SAMHSA)Coronavirus and Mental Health: Taking Care of Ourselves During Infectious Disease Outbreaks (APA)
- Helping People Manage Stress Associated with the COVID-19 Virus Outbreak (National Center for PTSD)